Detiktoday.com – President Joko Widodo confirmed high school students who were members of the 2020 Heritage Flag Raising Force (Paskibraka). The inauguration took place at the State Palace, Jakarta, on Thursday, August 13, 2020.
In this inauguration ceremony, the Head of State acts as the supervisor of the ceremony. Meanwhile, Dhea Lukita Andriana, a member of Paskibraka 2020 from East Java, acted as the leader of the ceremony who also represented his colleagues to hold the Red and White flag during the pronouncement of the Putra Indonesia pledge.
The President then reads the statement of inauguration of the students as Paskibraka members as well as praying for the smooth running of their duties.
To note, in this inauguration, President Joko Widodo also confirmed Paskibraka in each province through video conferences. In addition, four candidates for Ceremony Commander and one Ceremony Officer who will later serve at the Merdeka Palace also participated in the inauguration.
“By asking for the pleasure of Allah Almighty, today I confirm you as the Heritage Flag Raising Troops who will be on duty at the Merdeka Palace on August 17, 2020,” said the President.
“I invite the Governors in 34 provinces to confirm the heirloom flag raising troops on duty in their respective provinces,” said the President.
Different from previous years, the implementation of the 75th Anniversary of the Republic of Indonesia this time was held on a limited basis by prioritizing the safety and comfort of the community from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Therefore, the number of Paskibraka members who will serve at the Merdeka Palace this year is also not as many as in previous years.
The names of Paskibraka members who will be on duty on August 17 2020 at the Merdeka Palace page are:
- Indrian Puspita Rahmadhani (Aceh Province);
- Sylvia Kartika Putri (North Sumatra Province);
- Sudrajat Prawijaya (Bengkulu Province);
- Dhea Lukita Andriana (East Java Province);
- I Gusti Agung Bagus Kade Sanggra Wira Adhinata (Bali Province);
- Muhammad Adzan (West Nusa Tenggara Province);
- Muhammad Asri Maulana (South Kalimantan Province); and
- Muhammad Arief Wijaya (Southeast Sulawesi Province).
The four candidates for Ceremony Commander who participated in this inauguration are:
- Colonel Inf. Muhammad Imam Gogor, A.A. (Asops Paspampres);
- Marine Colonel (P) Yudi Kuncoro, S.T., M.M. (Head of Nautika Pushidrosal);
- Colonel Kal Eri Ahmad Harahap, S.T., M.M. (Paban II / Duklog Slog Kogabwilhan I); and
- Kombes Pol. Christ Reinhard Pusung, S.I.K. (Kasatgaswil Densus 88 AT Polri).
The candidate for Ceremonial Officer who also participated was Brigadier General Syafruddin (Kasgartap I / Jakarta).
The inaugurated Paskibraka member will then be tasked with raising the red and white flag at the Seconds Commemoration Ceremony of the Proclamation of Independence of the Republic of Indonesia on August 17 2020 at the Merdeka Palace courtyard. Meanwhile, in the afternoon, they will also return to duty in the flag-lowering ceremony.
Also attending the Paskibraka 2020 inauguration ceremony were Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture Muhadjir Effendy, Minister of Youth and Sports Zainudi Amali, and Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung.