Detiktoday.com – President Joko Widodo on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, received credentials from seven ambassadors extraordinary and full power (LBBP) from friendly countries. The handover of the credentials while still implementing strict health protocols was held at the Merdeka Palace Credential Room, Jakarta.
The ambassadors will then be domiciled in Indonesia (Jakarta). The submission of the credentials marked the start of the official assignment of these ambassadors in Indonesia.
The seven ambassadors of friendly countries received by the President are:
- Benedetto Latteri, Ambassador LBBP of the Republic of Italy to the Republic of Indonesia;
- Iv Heang, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Cambodia to the Republic of Indonesia;
- Taesung Park, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea LBBP to the Republic of Indonesia;
- Johannes Peterlik, Ambassador of the Republic of Austria LBBP to the Republic of Indonesia;
- Manuel Antonio Saturno Escala, Ambassador LBBP of the Republic of Panama to the Republic of Indonesia;
- Lars Bo Larsen, Ambassador of the Royal Danish LBBP to the Republic of Indonesia; and
- Sung Yong Kim, Ambassador of the United States LBBP to the Republic of Indonesia.
A number of health protocols were carried out in the process of submitting the credentials, such as maintaining distance, wearing masks, and interacting without physical contact.
Attending to accompany the President were Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, Presidential Military Secretary Maj. Gen. Suharyanto, and Head of the Presidential Secretariat Heru Budi Hartono.